Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Update (3/3/09 - 2:30pm)

Cindy had a rough night last night. The pain medication is very strong (stronger than morphine) and it caused some hallucinations. They took Cindy off of the pain med for several hours, but then she was in too much pain. It's a difficult balance for them to manage. Cindy is in a private room and Matt and I are here with her. She is coherent and talking, but at times pretty groggy.
Cindy has asked for prayer for the feeling in her thighs. There has been some numbness in both upper thighs since Friday's surgery. The doctors say it's normal due to the amount of manipulation of nerves during surgery and post-op swelling. Cindy says it seems to have improved, but has asked for prayer anyway. Cindy has also asked for prayer for her rib. A rib was cracked during yesterday's surgery (not uncommon) and it's pretty painful. Cindy also had a chest tube inserted, but it appears that the drainage has stopped, so hopefully that means the tube can be removed soon.
All of this is a reminder that, although I believe the worst is behind us, recovery can be a slow process. All in His time.
-Rick

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.' Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day,... If you make the Most High your dwelling - even the Lord, who is my refuge - then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. 'Because he(she) loves me,' says the Lord, 'I will rescue him(her); I will protect him(her), for he(she) acknowledges my name. He(she) will call upon me, and I will answer him(her); I will be with him(her) in trouble, I will deliver him(her) and honor him(her). With long life will I satisfy him(her) and show him(her) my salvation.'" Ps. 91:1-5,9-16

5 comments:

  1. Dear Cindy and Rick,Praying for you today, Tomorrow is our monthly prayer connection with North Metro ladies. We will keep you lifted up before our Gracious Redeemer, King Jesus. God is with you and will sustain you with His righteous Right Hand. We love you. Sallie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy,

    I am so thankful for God's goodness! Please know we are rejoicing in the good news and also praying that the pain will subside. I wish I could be up there to see you.

    Rick, please let me know if there is anything I can do here. I would love to help in anyway.

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cindy - We are praying for you continually. You are a very brave little girl. We praise God for your faith in Him along with
    Rick and Matt. Lord Jesus, we ask You right now to relieve Cindy of her pain and give her all the feeling back in her thighs. We ask you will continue to hold her in the palm of Your hand. Thank You Jesus,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rick, Cindy and children:

    We pray earnestly for you, we know that he Lord will be glorified through all this time. Praise Him for His Love endures forever. He has made us come closer in prayer and supplication and has made us remember how beautiful you are and how much more we love you. He has made our relationship to shine once again as a pure reflection of His perfect Love.

    Cindy, hold on to Him, He is holding on you and He will never let you go, surrender to His care and hear Him while He tells you that you are His beloved daughter and as He touches your pain and make it go away, how much does He care for you?

    When one of my kids is sick, I devote more time to him/her, I like to time that at this time God Himself if more dedicated to you as you need Him more, and none of us feel bad about it because we can see how important we all are for Him.

    Rick, my dear brother we are united with you and all your family in prayer and worship to God for we admire his wisdom in awesome adoration for bringing Cindy to you as wife and mother.

    Love you all,

    The Medinas,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rick, a friend of mine who had lung issues while hospitalized said that Cindy's legs will need to be rubbed after they take out the tube. She said the nurses did it for her and it really helped. You may want to ask the doctor/nurse about that if they don't mention it. Just wanted to pass that bit of info along. Praying that the gentle healer will take the burden of pain away from you Cindy and today will be a good day for all of you. Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete