Saturday, March 7, 2009

Update (3/7/09 - 10:30pm)

Well, Cindy got out of bed and into the chair for 4 hours today. Needless to say, she received her foot massage.
Her catheter was removed this morning, so she has had to use the commode - another important step of progress in her recovery. Maybe tomorrow she will walk around a bit. Her bowels are still sluggish, but showing some signs of activity.
I think the two hills to climb before she can leave the hospital are a fully functioning bowel and being able to get up and walk with my assistance and without the nurse.
Please pray for me to have patience in this process and for Cindy to not be discouraged.
-Rick

"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord. Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare." Ps. 40:1-3, 5

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for more good news, Rick. We all know the pressure you have been under during Cindy's awful ordeal and we (all our friends and relatives) are holding you both up in prayer every day. We are so blessed by your writings and Scriptures. We know God is honoring your faithfulness through all of this. Give Cindy a hug and kiss from us please and give yourself a big hug also.
    We love you son,(Cindy too of course)
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Father,
    Kevin and I lift Rick and Cindy to you today as we "Spring Forward". Thank you for life and restoration of health to Cindy's body. Thank you for Rick's faithfulness by her side through this ordeal. Bless the Pretty family and continue to give them a testimony of Your incredible love and power. Today, we pray especially for patience and hope.

    In Jesus' Name,
    Lissy

    ReplyDelete