Thursday, March 5, 2009

Update (3/5/09 - 8:30am)

Cindy got a good night sleep last night thanks to heavy pain medication. Her bowels showed signs of "waking up" in the middle of the night - an answer to prayer. Doc says her chest tube suction will be turned off today and her side drain will be removed. Hopefully her chest tube will be removed tomorrow so she can walk around more easily. It's amazing to consider what Cindy has been through in the last week and how quickly her body is already healing. Though our bodies may be temporary and perishable, they are beautifully and wonderfully made.
How anyone can take time to consider the complexity and healing capacity of the human body and not believe in the One who designed and created it is beyond me.
-Rick

"But in fact, God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be." I Cor. 12:18

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Ps. 139:13-14

2 comments:

  1. Dear Rick and Cindy -
    Today's update proves to us that God has His healing hand upon Cindy. We praise Him for His loving care. It is hard for us to imagine from afar all that Cindy has been through, and the steps that still need to be taken to bring further healing. Glad you downloaded the picture of Cindy I sent. It shows how beautiful she is in her heart and face. God Bless you both as you look forward to complete healing and no pain. We love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SOO glad to hear that her recovery is going well. It truly is amazing how fast she's recovering. :)

    ReplyDelete