Sunday, March 8, 2009

Update (3/8/09 - 11:30pm)

This turned out to be a very exhausting day and a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. Tired and weary sums it up for me. Cindy on the other hand looks frail and weak, but has an inner strength that amazes me and everyone else around her. She has been through so much, and yet keeps fighting such a good fight. She's like the boxer that gets battered and knocked down, but keeps getting back up to fight on. Rocky would be proud.
Cindy was doing so well in many ways throughout the day - she was up and moving; out of bed for most of the day; feeling well; alert and full of personality with a sense of humor; made some phone calls; even walked from one end of the room and back with a son on each arm (Matt and Nick).
But throughout the day, she continued to become more and more uncomfortable with the abdominal bloating. She literally looks about 8 months pregnant (I know I'll hear it for that one). The tube insertion was an emotional setback. I keep trying to remind Cindy that the worst is behind her. Two steps forward and one step back makes for slow and tiring progress, but we know the Lord is in control and has a reason for all trials and suffering he allows his children to go through. We have to trust Him, trust Him, trust Him.
Cindy is sleeping soundly now. Good night sweetheart.
-Rick

"Do you not know? have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." Isa. 40:28-29

5 comments:

  1. Cindy and Rick...
    How my prayers are with you!! Rick, I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you but any man who will give a foot massage is A o.k. Thanks for keeping us updated. The words to the song..."He didn't bring us this far to let us down"...keep coming to mind. I believe and trust God will see you through!! Blessings and hugs.
    Delores Burkett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello guys, You two are in our prayers. I know when my mom had surgery (colon cancer) 3 years ago....her bowels didn't "wake-up" until 11 days after her surgery....it was so hard on her. No food...no water....lots and lots of walking. We teased her about how we are all afraid of having gas at the wrong moment...or at least women are..I think men are proud of those moments!!??? anyway...we would tease that now we were praying begging God for lots and lots of GAS!!! So I will beg for that for you sweet Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, The Lord woke me up tonight and you were
    on my mind. Please know I'm praying for you.

    Love ya,

    Samantha Wood

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Trust and thankfulness will get you safely through this day. Trust protects you from worrying and obsessing. Thankfulness keeps you from criticizing and complaining, those sister sins that so easily entangle you.

    Keeping your eyes on Me is the same thing as trusting Me. It is a free choice that you must make thousands of times daily. The more you choose to trust Me, the easier it becomes. Thought patterns of trust become etched into your brain. Relegate troubles to the periphery of your mind, so that I can be central in your thoughts. Thus you focus on Me, entrusting your concerns into My care." From my favorite devotional,Jesus Calling (Sarah Young), based on Col 2:6-7 and Psalm 141:8.

    With love, Lissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Cindy and Rick,
    You are both in my prayers daily. Also Jenna.
    I am encouraged by your progress. God is good all the time. May you sense HIS hands on you during your recovery period and always.
    God Bless, Helen

    ReplyDelete